Our Lady of Czestochowa
The Shrine is meant to be a source of inspiration and joy to the many people who are drawn to it. With its various devotional areas in a setting of natural beauty, the Shrine serves as a spiritual oasis open to everyone who wants to meet with Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Mother Mary.
You may like to know about the many beautiful and helpful ways of support given to the Shrine for its regular upkeep and its development. Our Shrine does not have a parish congregation and so is totally dependent on the goodwill and generous charity of all our visitors and on the many fundraisers conducted by our good and loyal volunteers.
There are a special offerings made to the Shrine in the form of donations, pledges and bequests. We have Mass Intention cards for annual or individual enrolments.
Commitments of the Friends
- The Friends of the Pauline Fathers and of the Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy are the regular pilgrims who prayerfully and financially support the Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy and its priests and brothers of the Order of Saint Paul the First Hermit.
- The Friend undertakes and promotes the pilgrimage and the devotion to Our Lady of Mercy;
- and offers daily a decade of the Rosary for the intentions of the Shrine and the Pauline Fathers.
Spiritual Benefits of the Friends
Friends of the Shrine and the Pauline Fathers share in the benefits of all the daily prayers, and good works of Pauline priests and brothers. In addition, they receive a specific remembrance in:
- the specific protection of Our Lady of Mercy, the Mother of God.
- a Holy Mass offered on the first Sunday after the Solemnity of St Paul the First Hermit (15 January)
- a Holy Mass offered in the Shrine for deceased friends and benefactors on All Souls Day;
- The Novena to Our Lady of Mercy before Her Feast Day at the Shrine (18-26 August).
If you are interested in joining the friends of the Pauline Fathers and of the Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy at Penrose Park, please visit our forms and donations page.