During our monthly working bee on the 3rd Saturday of the month (18 of November) we are going to continue the work begun last month cleaning up the dead wood around the chapels at the back of the property. The goal of doing so will be:
- We want our Shrine to look as beautiful as possible to be spiritually uplifting to the pilgrims that come.
- It is said to be a high-risk fire season coming, so we want to be as prepared as possible.
- The general safety of those that walk around the Shrine property.
The program for the day would be:
- Mass at around 8:15am in the Shrine Church
- Begin work at 9am at the back of the property
- BBQ lunch around 1:30pm
- Finish around 5:30pm (for those that can stay the whole day).
The work will be everything from collecting small branches to large logs, loading them in a trailer and putting them in an open field where they can be burnt next winter.
Solid shoes and gloves would be a must. Anyone who can bring a chainsaw to help cut up logs or a tailer to help move them is encouraged to bring them.